Monday, July 06, 2009

A Deeper Warning?

LaPush, Washington. Quileute Nation.

Is this really a problem or is there a metaphor here that I’m missing?

Maybe you should be careful because the bridge of your life is unsafe.

Whatever the case, I don’t recommend crossing this bridge even in the best of conditions.

LaPush is a cute, albeit depressed appearing little town. The setting is spectacular. Remote. I felt bad being a tourist in this tiny town. Even though I don’t think I did anything to disturb it, there are just some places where you feel like “another one of those damn tourists”. It’s worth the trip just to see the scenery if only for a minute, though, if you are willing to disturb the place. However, I have a feeling that if you were to ask around you’d be welcomed warmly.

Here are the specifics:

Fee: None
Pets: Not really applicable, but I suppose they may be welcome.
Facilities: None.
Camping: No
Season: Year round.
Coordinates: 47.915003, -124.63540 (Unverified)
Governmental Agency Land: Possibly private property on Quiletue Tribal Land
Nearest town: La Push, Washington (0.5 miles)
Nearest 10,000+ city: Port Angeles, Washington (68 miles)
County: Clallam, Washington
My rating (out of 6): 4.5, although not sure what I’m rating here.
More Information: Quileute Nation

My Current Location: Home, Portland, Oregon

No comments: